Personal information: The types of personal information we may collect about you include:
- your full name;
- your contact details, including email address, residential address, mailing address, delivery address and telephone number;
- the name of the business you own;
- the name of the business you work for;
- your position within the business you work for;
- your bank account details for our direct debit service;
- proof of age documentation (as required by law), such as a copy of your driver’s licence, where we are processing a return or replacement for you;
- information you provide to us through customer surveys or as general feedback;
- details of the orders we have provided to you and/or that you have enquired about, and our response to you;
- details of any enquiries you make with us;
- your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and/or browsing behaviour;
- information about your access and use of our online Services, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our online Services, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider;
- additional personal information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, through your use of our Services, associated applications, associated social media platforms and/or accounts from which you permit us to collect information; and
- any other personal information requested by us and/or provided by you or a third party.
Sensitive information: We do not actively request sensitive information about you. If at any time we need to collect sensitive information about you, unless otherwise permitted by law, we will first obtain your consent and we will only use it as required or authorised by law.
How do we collect personal information?
We collect personal information in a variety of ways, including:
- Directly: We collect personal information which you directly provide to us, including through the contact us forms on our website, when you submit our credit application form, when you submit our direct debit form or when you request our assistance.
- Indirectly: We may collect personal information which you indirectly provide to us while interacting with us, such as in emails, over the telephone and in your online enquiries.
Why do we collect, use and disclose personal information?
We may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide our Services to you, including to assess your application to register an account with us, to register an account for you, to take your orders and dispatch and deliver orders to you;
- to enable you to access and use our online Services, including to provide you with a login for our website;
- to set up a direct debit with us;
- to process your order payments;
- to contact and communicate with you about our Services, including about your orders;
- to communicate with you about any complaints you may have as a consumer;
- to organise a return or replacement of any of our products for you;
- for our internal record keeping, administrative, invoicing and billing purposes;
- for analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our Services and associated applications;
- to offer additional benefits to you;
- for marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information that we consider may be of interest to you;
- to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have; and
- if you have applied for employment with us; to consider your employment application.
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose personal information to:
- third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services to us, including (without limitation) distributors, couriers, IT service providers, software providers, data storage providers, debt collectors, marketing providers, business finance providers, professional advisors and financial institutions;
- our employees, contractors and/or related entities;
- our existing or potential agents or business partners;
- anyone to whom our business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith) be, transferred;
- credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required or authorised by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- third parties to collect and process data, such as Google Analytics, Facebook Pixel or other relevant businesses.
Overseas disclosure: While we aim to use providers which store personal information in Australia, where we disclose your personal information to third parties listed above, these third parties may store, transfer or access personal information outside of Australia, including but not limited to, Singapore.
We will only disclose your personal information to countries with laws which protect your personal information in a way which is substantially similar to the Australian Privacy Principles or we will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to protect your personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles.
Your rights and controlling your personal information
Anonymity: Where it is practicable, we will give you the option of not identifying yourself or using a pseudonym in your dealings with us. Please note that in most cases this is not practicable and we will require that you provide us with accurate personal information so that we can provide our products to you and/or for you to benefit from our Services.
Restrict and unsubscribe: To object to processing for direct marketing/unsubscribe from our email database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
Access: You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you. An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of such information. Please note, in some situations, we may be legally permitted to withhold access to your personal information.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to promptly correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, irrelevant, misleading or out of date. Please note, in some situations, we may be legally permitted to not correct your personal information.
Complaints: If you wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the complaint. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take in response to your complaint. You also have the right to contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Storage and security
We are committed to ensuring that the personal information we collect is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures, to safeguard and secure personal information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. Our security measures include enterprise grade antivirus software, the use of an advanced firewall and multi-factor authentication for all users.
While we are committed to security, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that is transmitted to or by us over the Internet. The transmission and exchange of information over the Internet is carried out at your own risk.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our online Services.
Links to other websites
For any questions or notices, please contact our Privacy Officer at:
Richland Express Pty Limited (trading as Richland Brands) ABN 52 127 488 340
Post: PO Box 8250, Blacktown NSW 2148
Call: +61 2 9896 2888
Last update: 25 August 2020
© LegalVision ILP Pty Ltd